coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house
??????, ??, ??????

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組   會員註冊會員註冊 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

Dose size and method for double espresso

發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ????
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
vodkangump

註冊時間: 2008-05-14
文章: 287

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 27, 2008 9:46 am    文章主題: Dose size and method for double espresso 引言回覆

After reading the following post:
http://www.home-barista.com/forums/basket-overdosing-time-for-serious-re-evaluation-t4501.html

I am puzzled about the correct dose size and method. It seems that there are 2 schools of dosing:

1. Always keep ~14g grind (by use of a scale or the doser of a grinder) for double espresso, tamp and pull a 45-60cc espresso. however, under this approach, the top level of the 14g loose grind is usually under the ridge of the double filter even before the tamping, it is not easy to evenly distribute the grind over the filter. The way is sometimes termed as classic Italian dose method.

2. Overfill the filter with the loose grind first, sweep and level the grind against the ridge of the filter, tamp and pull a 45-60cc espresso. there are plenty of resources introducing this way. I use gaggia baby, so under this approach, it usually comes up to 17-18g grind.

Any comment? did any Bros do a comparison of the 2 ways and any conclusion? I target to make a double espresso (45-60cc), not ristretto or else.

Thanks all. I am a new baby of the espresso brewing.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
shing
Site Admin

註冊時間: 2006-03-01
文章: 1100

發表發表於: 星期五 六月 27, 2008 10:22 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

2???, ???basket ??.

seize the day
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期六 六月 28, 2008 3:08 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

shing 寫到:
2???, ???basket ??.

not quite understand, could you explain more? thx .
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
bib

註冊時間: 2007-04-21
文章: 786

發表發表於: 星期六 六月 28, 2008 7:55 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

vodkangump 寫到:
shing 寫到:
2???, ???basket ??.

????

回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
kckc

註冊時間: 2006-03-15
文章: 1918

發表發表於: 星期三 七月 02, 2008 12:36 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

vodkangump 寫到:
shing 寫到:
2???, ???basket ??.

????basket??

ie. ????d???, ????????
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期六 七月 05, 2008 3:19 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

kckc 寫到:
vodkangump 寫到:
shing 寫到:
2???, ???basket ??.

????basket??

ie. ????d???, ????????

?????????(tamp??)?? height/diameter ratio =0.2, ???baby ?14g???????ratio (???????... Embarassed ), ??????reference?

??????quota ? link ?????espresso?????????(????), ?????14g?????parameter (??14g??rule??????), ?????????????; ?volume dosing(?????????2, ??国???) ????????17g?, ???????, ????underextract?,?????channelling??...?baby???58mm?/??size, 14g??????????H/D ratio...

????,??????????? volume dosing, ?link???? ,??????????????,?????,???.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
neohk

註冊時間: 2006-09-03
文章: 1095

發表發表於: 星期六 七月 05, 2008 4:09 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

?????, ??????Very Happy

??????
The Italians invented the espresso, but they surely are not the best ones producing it. - forgotten whom

註冊時間: 2006-03-15
文章: 1918

發表發表於: 星期六 七月 05, 2008 4:20 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

vodkangump 寫到:
kckc 寫到:
vodkangump 寫到:
shing 寫到:
2???, ???basket ??.

????basket??

ie. ????d???, ????????

?????????(tamp??)?? height/diameter ratio =0.2, ???baby ?14g???????ratio (???????... Embarassed ), ??????reference?

??????quota ? link ?????espresso?????????(????), ?????14g?????parameter (??14g??rule??????), ?????????????; ?volume dosing(?????????2, ??国???) ????????17g?, ???????, ????underextract?,?????channelling??...?baby???58mm?/??size, 14g??????????H/D ratio...

????,??????????? volume dosing, ?link???? ,??????????????,?????,???.

????????????????????extraction????

??????, ??????, ????.(????????, ????)
????????.(????, ??????, ????)
vodkangump

發表發表於: 星期六 七月 05, 2008 4:33 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

??????????????...????????, ????????????, ???????...
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
Soso

註冊時間: 2008-08-04
文章: 18

發表發表於: 星期一 八月 04, 2008 12:02 pm    文章主題: Re: Dose size and method for double espresso 引言回覆

[quote="vodkangump"]After reading the following post:
http://www.home-barista.com/forums/basket-overdosing-time-for-serious-re-evaluation-t4501.html

I am puzzled about the correct dose size and method. It seems that there are 2 schools of dosing:

1. Always keep ~14g grind (by use of a scale or the doser of a grinder) for double espresso, tamp and pull a 45-60cc espresso. however, under this approach, the top level of the 14g loose grind is usually under the ridge of the double filter even before the tamping, it is not easy to evenly distribute the grind over the filter. The way is sometimes termed as classic Italian dose method.

There's a theory between baristas : if there is space between group head and coffee, water will roll around in that space initially making contact time b/t water and top layer coffee too long, therefore burning it. I personally think it makes sense so I try to fill the basket up.

2. Overfill the filter with the loose grind first, sweep and level the grind against the ridge of the filter, tamp and pull a 45-60cc espresso. there are plenty of resources introducing this way. I use gaggia baby, so under this approach, it usually comes up to 17-18g grind.

Any comment? did any Bros do a comparison of the 2 ways and any conclusion? I target to make a double espresso (45-60cc), not ristretto or else.

Thanks all. I am a new baby of the espresso brewing.

Everything you read about on forums,sites, books are guidelines.

First of all every machines basket holds different volume.
My gaggia and your gaggia even when it is the same model and make, because of metal works parameters, they will not be exactly the same. it will have a +/- 0.5g difference. Which in coffee brewing is a big difference.
Even the basket diameter will have a +/- 0.5 mm difference.

Check the size filter baskets which are fitted to your espresso machine. More and more machines are now fitted with 9g (single) and 18g (double) baskets as opposed to the traditional 7g and 14g baskets.

And yes they are mostly designed by Italians. Most machines are still made in Italy. Saeco is France, Expobar is Spain. And they've changed alot of baskets to 9g & 18g.

I guess I'm trying to say, you shouldn't use the weight as a be all end all guideline. Although it would be nice to keep it constant. but...

I prefer the 2nd method, this also allows me to adjust grind accordingly in Cafe environment when you don't have time to measure every dose!
It also allows you the flexibility to use both doser grinders/doserless grinders.

At the end of the day if you could make a coffee with the extraction rate of 25-30 seconds/30mLs with either method 1 or method 2. Whichever one it was, it's correct.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    coffee forum, ?????, ?????, fresh coffee beans and tea house 首頁 -> ???? 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票